So what is going on in ZnCore-Game engine land? A ton actually.
First and foremost we have expanded into the third dimension. Complete with cameras, lights and 3d models.
The rendering is really rudimentary at the moment. No eyecandy yet :(
The engine still employs a component based entitysystem that is easily scripted through IronPython. We have added a simple xml based scene format that is used to load up sets of entities. This is based on our Template format, an xml file that describes what components and properties an entity should have. The scene lists all the entities in a scene, what templates they should be based on and any modified component parameters. Scenes can be both saved and loaded easily, and (it seems ;) ) reliably.
The third big thing we have added is a simple game editor!The editor features:
So how does it look?
- A Solution Browser that by doubleclicking enables loading of scenes and spawning of entities from templates.
- An Entity Browser that lists all the entities in the current scene.
- An Entity Inspector that lists all the components in an entity. You can add components and edit their properties in a simple Property Grid
- A realtime view that shows the scene. Entities are selectable with right click and moveable with left mouse drag.
- A Script Console that can be used to directly speak python with the engine
- A Floating editor for entity scripts (through the ScriptComponent)
- Modular "Visual Studio Like" dockable panel system through DockPanelSuite.
This shows most of the functionality of the engine. Including some examples of how scripts can be written.